I remember seeing the movie Murder in The First with Kevin Bacon. He was sentenced to prison in Alcatraz, then spent 1,000 days in solitary confinement. The max sentence was supposed to be 19 days. There was a scene that I don't remember verbatim, but Bacon's character, Henri Young exclamed that he didn't want to be afraid anymore!
FEAR says you have little skill
alvin says you haven’t seen my work
FEAr says I own you
alviN says I cannot doubt Me because of you
FEar say I’m sure you won’t make it
alvIN says, I’m sure I will try again
Fear says what makes you think you can
alVIN says, I have too many gifts to stop
fear says, I’m gonna mess with someone else, maybe I’ll just watch you
aLVIN says I am too perfectly and wonderfully made by God to fear you
ALVIN says I know you didn’t leave completely, but, I will remember that I did make you afraid of me!

No comments:
Post a Comment