Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Afraid of...

Don’t be afraid to ask questions that are within your skin,
Tumbling and rumbling, thoughts, words, they keep coming back again?

You USED to ask questions, when your mind was without limits
What color is that, why do people put that stuff in it
Where do clouds come from, why did Santa Claus skip our house this year?

Why is grandma still mad, is uncle Ricky really sad?
Where is my daddy, is he gone because I was bad?

Mommy, do you like my picture? Is that car gonna be yours?
Would it make you happy, if I didn’t talk so much?

YES CHILD, they used to say, that was really tough!

But the questions came back, or, did they just never go away
Tomorrow was a new day, and there was still stuff I didn’t know

I’m glad they are here, Questions are not what we fear
those questions make me stronger
BUT, if I don’t ask, questions without answers make me scared even longer

We LEARN to stop asking some questions, because it’s the answers that we fear

It just MIGHT BE that, asking the questions makes them work to find the answer, that’s within their skin

No comments: